Getting Naked

In the world of poetry... dreams light the way
Yet these dreams come slow and no one understands how,
Anyone can hold on to a dream so tight in wilderness of lack
All I want is to be heard, to get rich at it
I wonder how since the world hates knowing the truth

In the world of poetry... having nothing but passion is normal
Going crazy writing, reciting and wanting to talk about words is fulfilling
When you are hungry, the joy of your art fills you up
When you cry... the world smiles
When you smile... the world reads the next
So I am an addict of this world... the less I get, the more I learn
I have given so much to the extent I don't know what to give anymore
This junkie has no cash to buy this drug... I will be on the streets!

In the world of poetry... friends are few, acquaintances overflow
This world is full of critics, judges, haters and fans you never see
It is full of competition for no price at all
The world of poetry is lonely, people see pictures and think they know the whole
The world of poetry is lonely... did the gods know this before they threw me there?
Getting Naked and telling the truth about it






© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock