The Genesis

Every time I tell friends about the bits and pieces of my life; they get fascinated and tell me that I live an interesting life. I have never considered it interesting myself; to me it is complicated, challenging and hard! Or maybe it is the hardships that make it interesting and beautiful. But life isn’t supposed to be easy- if it is then the meaning of it ceases.




I have heard about the story of my birth all so many times and from many people excluding my parents! I don’t know why I have never asked them; maybe it is the Africa nature of not questioning your elders etc. I should ask however. I will ask just to make this story more truthful. But not today, today I write what I have heard.

My birth certificate confirms that I was born on the 4th of June 1984, born of one Andayi and Lukoye. As the story goes my dad was in campus and my mum had just finished secondary school……….. bla bla bla… this is not their story so I will jump to where there is me.

I heard that when I was born my grandmother looked at my dad’s looking feet and smiled. I have my dad’s feet and his nose. I question this story because I know that I was born in Eldoret Hospital and that my grandmother was not around, so the whole idea of her looking at my feet and smiling puzzles me! What is for certain is that some months after my birth my mother joined college and she had to leave me with my grandmother, so I became a grandma’s little girl for six years.


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock