Fire and Water

There is something powerful about the elements of the earth
Something strong about the poles of the north and the south
East and west, a pull that rotates the earth
There is such a power in words, such a movement, such strength
There is something sacred about each encounter with other human beings
There is always something to learn from others
There is power in dreams… they give you direction
There is strength in me because of you, Hisia!
It is you who made me me, because you stood at my stage and moved the elements of the earth
I learnt from the start that haba na haba hujaza kibaba
Na kama maji twasonga
Kama moto twachoma



This is for my audience
There is no way better of saying thank you, believe you me I have searched
Amazing, you have stood by me (Hisia) you have let me grow as you
I have become a part of you as you have me
There is so much of you in me… and I hope that one day you will say I deserved the time
I remain your child for I know that without you, I am beat so I grow as you grow


This is for all the artists who graced my stage;
Hisia Family, the Poets, musicians, story narrators, Mcs and the Djs

You blazed up the place… created a maze and amazed
With bangs and roars of words, feelings and expressions
Metrical compositions that always carry feelings and illusions,
You, created temptations and spoke to the heart, some even touched the soul
You allowed me to give other poets, critics and readers something to ponder
You reduced crowds to silence by wonder by the power of the word
And you… you have a gift of words… note the creator used words to create the universe


This is for my team; you have opened me up really be part of you
The backbone of Hisia
The water in me the fire in me
Fanya mfanyalo pindu tu, you lead me home to the vast greatness
It is so nice to belong to a team

There is so much behind that playful face
There are so many feelings that can be captured by a hiding behind a lace
There is astonishing enthusiasm that keeps us at a safe pace
And gives us that new phase… strength, drive emotions to brace
You, Kaffy, like fire burn… blaze it up light the flame

There is something behind that softest voice and that beautiful look
There is something about the way you capture day to day events like some hook
There is something about the way you play around with words… you should end up in a book
There is something calming about your poetry… water calming…. Move Amare move
And if you get there before I do, a space for me please book

There is so much behind that quiet face that rare smile
Behind that Ghetto look there are words that smoothen feelings like a file
And there exists lines that cause havoc and remain bitter and dangerous as bile
Jicho Pevu, there is fire, strong desire that drive shows that you will go the extra mile
And if the macho pevu can’t see I hope they will read in Braille

There is so much in styles in keeping it real
Teardrops, there is power and punch to the gaps you fill
There is spirituality and passion that moves as swiftly as the oceans' seals
There is power in the words you drill and the feelings you bring
Hit the ground with power! Hard like water falling hard from the sky on the stormiest of days

There is something about your writing and the shaky voice behind the mic
There is depth in the words you write and sincerely I wish I described love the way you did
Sad I only get to quote you! Emma
There is a painting, I like, painted by your poetry… like a fire burning
Moving… eliminating obstacles… flaming hot… red hot iron… danger… larva

There is so much to learn from an innocent… face… that puts Goliath to rest
Max, your poetry and you are two different people… a true artist
I will not say that you are at your best because if I do,
I will be limiting you to greatness! As smooth as waters flowing through a stream
To the wonder and power of the water fall!!!

There is so much from you, your poetry your music, Claude Baus
Your powerful presence on stage, your words and the way you say them
There is something about your style that excites me and makes me glad to say, I am part of you
There is a fire in your eyes, in your voice; in your face… there is a lust of poetry meeting music
There is power in your poetry, a great style in your floetry

I remember the first time I read lost, you hosted me in a Jurassic park
Traditional… Talented writing… Richie, your work is an inspiration
There is so much you give… like the uses of water, so many to care for the nation
And when you talk about poetry, I am reminded why I write
It is time to light and to shine bright give me a book!





© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock