I whispered a prayer for you

I whispered a prayer for you
Prayed that my prayer would stick in your heart
Prayed that this simple prayer would let you know
That forever and always you’ll have someone standing in the gap for you

I asked God to make you bold enough to trust yourself
Your dreams your wings and to make you fly
Prayed that you’d believe in the power of this prayer
Prayed that you’d be happy

Prayed that you’d remain true to your destiny and mostly true to yourself
Prayed that you’d be sure of your steps
Steps slow enough to taste the sweetness of each day
And fast enough to get you places
Prayed that you’d remain silly
To laugh, giggle, joke, play and risk things: it’s all part of life

Above all I prayed that you’d remain yourself
Simply because no matter how hard I’d search
I’d never find another you
Am not quite religious neither do I say prayers often
But just in case God exists, He will know that
I said this prayer for you


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock