Mama...


The only thing that I know I cannot achieve in life is one
That is trying to love you like you love me, mama
Trying to know and feel you like you do me, mama
Trying to put you first like you put me, mama
But I try

I know that life began with waking up to loving your face, mama
I know that your name; mama
Is close to God's in my lips and heart
And off all rights, mama
I know that the greatest is to be like you, a mother
It scares me, but I can't wait for my turn

Am always looking for perfect words to say thank you, mama
But whatever I come up with will never be enough
How do I start, mama... how do I stop, mama
How do I ever start... how do I ever stop
Mama


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

  1. :) loved it still got me emotional..fab*shortspechd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock