The Mind is a con man!


If the sun shines tomorrow like it did today wake my heart with a kiss
If the moon looks for her in the darkness of the night
Hold me like the stars hold stormy winds when we make love
If she hides behind the clouds... remember me still
Remember me...
Remember my scent
how my skin felt
How my locks fell on your chest, when I slept on your chest
Remember my kisses and how my body moved against yours
Remember everything that comes with me.... I told her in a loud silence
Sometimes life is clear sometimes blur.....
Even this poem
and honestly I am not gifted with sight!
"Its all in the mind"... he said
But tell me how I only win battles in my mind never in the field
I guess luck is an enemy!
Oh how I hate vows and promises burn them before you see me
So if my voice is stolen by the witch of the sea, never to be heard again
Look for the truth in my eyes... If they still talk
Before you kiss me with your lies
Let me feel love when our lips touch even if it is only in my mind
oh... and don't pray for me! I already did!
I talked to the spirits of my forefathers
The darkness has began! ‪#‎namatsi‬, ‪#‎poetry‬


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock