This part of the world I wish you could see with me

Over the years I have lived
In all the ways I have acquired knowledge
Knowing the difference between reality and fantasy
Still, nothing fascinates me like this part of the world
That I see when I close my eyes, in my own little bud
I stare at beauty beyond belief! What a sight?
In all ways I wish you could see what I see
Let me describe… hoping that my words will paint the picture

I see the world in so many colors
Almost like a doodle that I did when I was still in kindergarten
In the eyes of the small girl I was that was beautiful
Why is everything so true when we are children?
There is no better joy to see it all coming back to me
Back to those beautiful days
The sun so beautiful, not harsh, so gentle
The water pure, so free,
The earth so green, so enchanting
The breeze so fresh
Those were the days
I would take a deep breath and never want to let it out
This is the world I wish you could see with me

I see families out playing with each other
Dad and mum playing tag with the kids
I see lovers intertwined in love
I see friends gathered out on a picnic
I see love, care, and trust
I swear these are the things that have all meaning in the world
This is that part of the world I wish you could see

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock