Capture this!

I travelled to a world my mother could only dream of
so I set off to the fields
just as she had asked
and I saw it
beauty in its unborn element
fresh and pure
radience
fine white beauty
cacooned in small cotton cold crystal like flakes
what they call
snow

This world my mother dreamt of
this land and atmosphere
that experienced
a kind of heavenly descent
falling just falling
gently so gently
white
light
soft
cold
flakes
so beautiful words cannot justify
snow

For days I watched in wonder
the snowfall that gave birth to snowfields
the treetops that glistened in their white puffy coats
the snowballs thrown by day
the snowmen guarding by night
the skiing
the sleigh rides
all in enjoyment of what they call
snow

I spread my arms
and inhaled the beauty
took it in for my organs to feel
should a time come for me to tell
then every part of me shoud help me describe
this cold beauty my eyes witnessed
snow

I took a picture
for my mother to see
hoping that she would capture the beauty
that she could only see in her dreams
snow

Comments

  1. i love your poems by the way. you have a wonderful writing gift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock