My years




For years
there has been a lot of tossing
guessing.. finding, keeping and losing
beating myself up and crying
then going over and over again
looking but not really looking
so it doesn't appear like am desperate

As years went on
people started saying
that I was looking for a Mr. right
and that just wasn't right
saying that that kind of man doesn't come by
it seemed like a crime to want something more
someone to fulfill a certain kind of craving
a special kind of loving.. peace and understanding
amid the haste of the world
but I believed that he was out there

But as the years went on
I bump into him
an angel... an angel...
because only an angel
would
breathe sanity in the danger of war
rain warmth in the solitude of imprisonment
shine trust in the agony of torture
and love love and love in the incidence of faults
I hope am not dreaming or going crazy
because amid these cruel happenings of the world
I feel like you came in
just as the rains drenched my soul
and saved me

As years went on
Thought I had seen it all
but you amaze me each day
thought everything had changed
but you show me the perfection that exists in details
and no am not dreaming or going crazy
am not drunk or under any drug
am not bewitched or under voodoo
am just a woman
whose dream came true

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock