The cost of a "HI"

He said hi
And I ignored it
I hastened my walk
He shouted hi again as if it was his right
“Didn’t you just hear what I said,” he asked
“I said hi,”
“hi” I said
“unaringa, na wewe hata si msupuu!”(full of pride and you are not even beautiful!)
I walked on………… he followed
Now scared, I stood and asked! What the hell do you want?
He just stood there with an evil grin, “I said hi, naukaniringia!” he said
And my heart went crazy… beating as if she wanted to run away
I should have paid attention
Then my legs failed me at a time I needed them the most
It all happened all at once… within a blink of an eye I was on the ground
And my ears were all attentive to the slightest of movement
Every movement was five times louder like the sound of a gun going blast
Me landing on the ground, the zipper opening, the scratches I put on his skin, my screams
I even heard my teardrops landing on earth
He tore my panties like they were pages of an exercise book
Pushed him inside me again… and again…
Disgusting sweat dripping from his chest to mine
I blamed God for making me so weak
Nobody came to save me… just my tears flooding the place
My soul ran away, scared and hid, my spirit turned her back
He slowly killed me, ignored my pleads
He tossed and turned me like I was some pancake
Slapped me like I was some dough
And when he was done
He pulled out and laughed at his victory!
Hurt I still lay on the ground… All I could do was cry
And he spat on me and said
You should have said Hi!


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock