The Mic

When I hold the mic

Everything feels so right

When I hold them the mic

I feel like I somehow know Hedwig Gorski

And I feel her so deep, I hold the mic

And I want to get lost in this deepness, want to get high from her dopeness

Then I let this performance art elevate me to heights only the eagles envy

She feels my words; takes them all in and turns them into a musical score

She gives me a space in which to place my words and everything feels so right

She makes them louder, my voice deeper and passes them on to my audience

When I hold the mic

I see the space between the words, the pauses, the rhymes, the punch lines

Most importantly I see the message

Eyes around but when I hold the mic,

It’s just me and the mic
© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock