Naked



Moments...
This is what the universe has decided to fill up my life with...
Moments of what I could call love - and immense moments of pain - 
as if to love the way I do is  a sin
Now now Namatsi, please let go - the winds whisper as if they understand me
Moments...

Pain...
Trust me, this is a poem has escaped its prison
It has broken chains, to see the light I never promised it
I think my fingers have very big gaps - 
when I think am holding so tight - it gets slippery and my stupid heart never reads the signs....
Dear Soul.... please let me not hold anything back when we talk about it
Pain...

Dreams...
Tell me - how do you love someone who is not kind to the soul?
Why this person? what did they do to make you decide to hurt me like so?
I wish I was casual with love as everyone else is.
I have fought nations to hold you in my arms - all you did was smile and stab my back
Tell me - why did you ever come back?
My dear lovely heart - Break them all - leave nothing standing
Dreams...

Let me comfort my swollen aching heart
A queen has fallen, she will rise again maybe tomorrow
She is bleeding ink for those who can relate -

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock