Forbidden Fruit!


She lives in a lie... in my world
I only float in some wilderness in her eyes
My only hope is that her eyes can see the truth my soul
She would know that I should break no more
I am not after lust... she should know that
I am grown I am looking for things that make one strong…
how I feel when in her arms
But things like this should never be said... where I come from
Its a sin that preacher said as he buried me in prayer
But since when was love a sin

She is perfect in every way... curve to curve, bone to skin
Yet I am scared of everything about her
even feelings that consume me...
Are they little forces planted by the devil himself?
I wonder where the gods were hiding... when she walked my way
I just wonder whether I am being tempted? Or can I really find love in another woman
My society wouldn’t like a poem like this… that’s why poetry is my deepest friend
I still go to church… bend my knees, and cry not to feel like this
I ask forgiveness for feeling this way
But at the end of the day I am who I am
They call me a sinner but since when was love a sin?

And I hate to love her touch...
She makes me weak.... yet brings me out! and how it feels so right!
She is beautiful in every single way, even in her worst
Damn! you should hear her laugh!
Things like these are never said to people who close their minds
And I am not sorry for being myself
I don't know about her though... she could be in lust
This could be curiosity or just a phase for her
Moyo wa mwanadamu ni msiri... so I expect no guarantee
Damn! This heart is not so smart
Its dark inside… it habours demons I think
But let me put this out right... I am never scared of feeling deeply about things like this
Life is meant to be felt you know
I pray that she will always be there and most importantly that she feels the same way about me
I hope that you can feel the spaces between the lines in this poem
May be you can help me answer this question...
Since when is love a sin?

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock