Stories from Berlin - 2014



The air is filled with joy... i don't know why!
i can feel music in the passing winds...
love in the greeting smiles...
I want to capture this moment - freeze and frame me in it
and i want to move to this beat forever and ever and ever and ever...
All my tears dried and i cant believe they ever fell from my face
I traveled to lands that my mother dreamt of...
Felt biting cold, warm hugs and a soft kiss at a train station
I fell weak into my best friends arms and told her my worries in a poem on a stage in-front of an audience




I smoked the holy plant of another land... I don't want to talk about this:- one day my daughter might read this
I cursed on national television - am not proud of it
I was expressing myself and sometimes art can never be caged
I fell in-love with a girl --- like me and she lived inside me
I opened up to a stranger! Who must have thought that I was crazy
When I told him that my dream is to swim naked in the Indian ocean... and no I was not flirting i was very serious
I lost a friend and gained a friend
I stood performed in a different land and they felt my words





© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock