We are one


My heart just broke into a thousand pieces
Because of the images I have seen of my fellow brothers and sisters crying in pain,
I have felt the pain each bullet brought before our loved ones left us,
I feel sad for my county in this moment of darkness
I feel sad for all the families whose members have passed on
I feel the pain of the injured victims
We are one
You hurt and I hurt

My spirit is weak but my soul encouraged
As I celebrate each hero/heroine... who queued to donate blood
Each hero/heroine who sent in donations in cash and kind
Each hero/heroine who stood in prayer and who comforted us all
I must mention the bravery, amid looming fear, of our police and military
You guys are heroes
I am grateful to the journalists courageous enough to show us the suffering of the victims
I thank our leaders for standing together because we are one
You hurt and I hurt

I do not have rights to the following pictures taken by (Guram Tumasevic of Reuters and Tyler Hicks of the New-york times), I am just making a collection here so that we never forget.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock