Free

Goodbye is the saddest thing to say,
I realize now!
Knowing that things will never be as they were,
We will never sit and laugh as we did
I will never comb your hair or feel your skin as I did...
Though we pretend that we are cool
You will not tickle or hold me as you did...
Though we pretend that nothing is changed
And no, we will not play as we did
So can we stop this pretense game...
We really have no one to please...
It just hurts
The silence

Goodbye is the saddest thing to say
Mama said that some relationships were not built to last but to learn from
I cried that day
We were thicker than blood… we were oil
I really cried
Once I thought that only sticks and bones would make me bleed
But my heart shattered when you said those words
You were more than a friend, closer than a sister
And I am still picking up the parts
So can we stop this pretense game...
We really have no one to please...
It just hurts
The silence

Goodbye is the saddest thing to say
I have to say how much I hate, love
So stop finishing your texts with those little words
I hate not to feel the same or thinking about it
We just happened and we never talked about these things
A part of me never wanted to
Never wanted to complicate my life anymore
We were just having fun: - caught up in hurt all at once
Too soon! Too fast
It was confusing...
Fuck! When you kissed me
And they say I think I know everything
The only truth I know and will never admit to is
That I loved you kinda.
But I no longer need or miss you
I almost cried but no tear came to my rescue
My mind must be tired of going crazy for people or my heart just hardened
I am so sorry it came to this
Goodbye should make my throat and heart hurt
I wonder why it is setting me free!


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock