That Person


I will find you,
Like the sun runs after the sky each day around the world,
I will.
So when they ask and make you doubt, turn around,
You will see me behind the darkness,
I swear.

Like stars keep the moon company
when it’s having its days of breaking down,
I will stand by you firm and strong.
So when the hurricane rises up to engulf, baby I will be the wind fighting it to stop,
I will be there,
Trust me.

I will wait for you,
Like graves wait for us all,
I will.
As each day passes by, the closer you will get,
Believe me

Like a child’s prayer his mothers lips,
I will protect you,
When you feel like giving up,
I will believe in you, I heard that it has its own power

You should know,
That for you I will,
Because I am that person.

So I ask you,
To be that person too.

© Namatsi Lukoye



To days is worlds poets day:- I just felt the need to write

Comments

  1. wonderful, you are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like stars keep the moon company
    when it’s having its days of breaking down!!!
    Wordless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock