You are me

There were times I fought with self defeatism and it almost won over, till I remembered my Lecturer Mr. Majany asking in class, ‘What is the purpose of living if you have already been defeated by life?’ I loved Media Ethics, not because I was doing the course twice but because the class permitted thoughts and opinions to meet and question law. Every word this man said in our discussions stirred up my mind with ideas and questions. It is from these class discussions that I came up with ‘You are me’

You are me

Teach me to change
Teach me to yearn for change
Teach me to love without limits
To see good in people and to believe in people
Teach me to believe in myself
To never underestimate my impact, or my potential
Teach me to be hungry for greatness
Teach me to influence people positively
Teach me to be of value
To add value to the society
Teach me to have personal initiative to do right
Teach me to acquire knowledge in abundance
So as to offer the proper guidance
Teach me agree to be put to test
And to react harshly to nonsense
Teach me to look at my past and gauge my future
Teach me to live today like I want to be alive tomorrow
Teach me to inspire… myself… others
Teach me to forgive
Teach me to help
Teach me to see that I am because you are
And you are, so we can be


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock