Home

I finally get it
As soon as I opened the door
The screams I heard
Everyone running to me, glad to see me!
Namatsi is home!I got it! Pap!

I finally understood this beautiful feeling
That once I may have taken for granted
This feeling my heart warmed up to, how blind could I have been
I felt important for once in this world of rush
I could not believe it, it is like I had some powers
They ran to me with hugs and kisses
Picked up my bags and calmed my bruises

Now I understood why they say east to west home is best
I never told them of the world
I never mentioned that the world had crushed me
I never told them of the mistreatment
They never cared about how much I made
I never told them that, really...
Out there I was a speck of dust
That was stepped on by every shoe from God knows where
I never told them that I was a misfit to the world, a nobody
But somehow in here... I was noticed
This must be love in its purest element
Now I am glad that to have this small world
I am glad to be somebody here
Truly home is where the heart is best


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock