Nostaglia

I am my mama’s child

Reminiscing the days I wore mama’s pams

The days I went through her wardrobe

Ponds on

Lipstick check

Wanja check… everywhere right to the one dot on the cheek

The little girl who went with her mother to the market

The one who sat on the sewing machine

The one who peddled and broke all the needles of sewing machine

Ask them they will tell you

They know me well

They know I was my mother’s child

They know I talked like her

They know I laughed like her

They knew I would be a tailor like my lovely mama

They called me the little tailor

I have grown so much

I have drifted so much

Life has thrown me to the other side of the world

But I am still mama’s little girl

I am still the little tailor

The one who peddled the machine

I still peddle… I still make…

I stitch word and word and try to make it in this garment of called life

They knew me best



I am my papa’s child

They know me well

They were convinced that I would step to the floor dance and do the sing

They will tell you of papa’s tapes

The ones I took and recorded myself do the sing

Yes, they all knew me as the little girl who loved the skamaress…

They will tell you of all my moves

They will tell you

The little musician they called me

They will tell you they saw me beat

They will tell you they saw me laugh

They will tell you they saw me play

They will tell you they saw me and papa walk hand in hand

They knew I loved to do the teach

They called me little teacher

They knew I would be like papa

I have grown so much

I have drifted so much

Life has thrown me to the other side of the world

But I am still papa’s little girl

I am still the little teacher

The one who held pen and marked her own book

I still teach… I still reach

I stretch so much curving this poetry tool to reach the masses

What else can I say? They knew me best!!!



They will tell you I was a pro in the kati

They knew me so well they called me first player

They knew me well

They trusted me to save the game

They knew I could run

They believed in my ambition

They believed in me

I am still the one

The one they knew

I still lead… I still hold

I am the one… I was

Mama’s little tailor

Papa’s little teacher

And everyone’s game savior

What can I say…………

They knew me well



© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock