I was RAPED!!!

I had it, I had it all
Strength, love, warmth,
I had it all, wealth, diamonds, minerals beyond believe
I had the most powerful curves from side to side; I had it all
I had a pride that was black and powerful; and I danced in it
I had the freshest flows, filled with purity and calmness I took pride in it
I loved my waters, I loved the flows gentle and sweet like a baby’s kiss; I had it all
I had it all; then they raped me

They took advantage of me
Their goal was to destroy me; like vultures they scrambled inside me tearing me apart
They dragged me on paths filled with pieces of glass
My spirit bruised my skin tattered
They attacked my soul and fed on my blood
They made me hate myself, as they took the best of me
And they were done; they looked at me and spat to my face, laughing
They left me for dead destroyed like Haiti after the earth quake
And no one helped me
I cried for so long but no one heard my cry
I had faded into Jurassic park but now I am back
I realized that I have a heart of steal
I can hurt deep but s

Take pride in me children of the land
Rejoice in me; I am she who gave birth to the greatest civilization
It is I with the pyramids, I with the snowcapped mountain on the equator
I with the wonders of serengeti and the maasai mara
I who once had many queens and kings in one land
And the story of evolution traces back to me! He choose me!
Dance in my rivers; swim in the freshest waters of the largest lake in the world; Victoria
Tell them about your brothers and sisters; remind them the colour of the fastest feet in the world
We can run the miles
Remind them of her, Cleopatra, the most beautiful woman in the world
Remind them of her home… and dance in its streets
Remind them of the soul of wonder
And let them ponder on the strongest, purest and most forgiving heart in the world, Nelson Mandela
Yes I was raped; but now I am up and strong

I am strong for my children
Strong to teach them to the right way
I am hungry for greatness of my little ones
I am thirsty for freedom from the chains of my perpetrators
They once hurt me so deep, no! Nimekataa
Maisha ya kwao balaa
Nitafata changu! Bila tamaa
To be continued


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

  1. I can feel the strength in you sister. great poem, keep up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock