The cry of the Ocampo 1300

No retreat!!! No surrender
The Ocampo 1300 have to be remembered
Or these drumbeats will never stop

Ilete Baraka kwetu
Haki iwe ngao na mlinzi
Natukae na udugu
Amani na Uhuru Raha tupate na utawi



I feel war close by
Something ugly is close by
I can hear the chants from a distance
A cry for human blood from the horizon
I see…. Turmoil ahead…. A great hurricane coming our way
To blow up the dust we swept under the rag!
I can smell the disgusting stench of revenge like ammonia filling the air
Closer, closer, closer it is approaching
Bring us bring us justice!!! We cry


See the 363rd night of the year 2007
I was the demon in humanity
I saw blood painting the streets red and raw in pure and cold insanity
On the 364rd night of the year 2007
I slept with my mother because I was scared
I held her tight shaking like a leaf
We lay silent waiting for the sound of death

On the 365th night of the year 2007
While the world celebrated the birth of a new year
We cried
No fireworks but loud gunshots
No new year resolutions, just a hope to be alive

On the 1st night of new born year 2008
A country burning
Rape, sodomy, torture and killings
Rivers of tears
Roaming fear and a lose Satan who caused a great disturbia
Ash to ash dust to dust
Was what we said on the first day of the new born year

............. to be continued


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

  1. The above photo really disturbes me. If this was captured on camera what about that which was done in the dark? God help Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write up on a crucial topic...big ups!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock