This is how I know that we are the best of friends

To my dear sister Emma,
And my best friends Maggy, Annie, Gorret, Cynthia, Linda, Penny and Anne
As we celebrate our friendship.............
Here is one piece just for you.........................


I will not say that you are always there
I understand that you have commitments too
I understand distance and I understand costs


I will not say that you always understands me
I am a complicated artistic woman sometimes I don't even understand me
I know that I could be bitchy and a drama queen and the best thing is to just be silent


I will not say that you always cry when I cry
The story may not be that catchy
Tears may fail you or you are just hardcore like that
I will not say that I always take your advise
Well sometimes I think you are crazy or the advise is just unwise
And sometimes your advise lands me into trouble


But this is how I know that we are friends
You really stand in the GAP for me
And you pray for my strength
You check up on me and even when you don't have anything to say
well you say, the funniest thing
"I don't know what to tell you but, I will be strong for you"
You believe in me
And you want to see the best in me
We share the weirdest of stories and never judge

As we all struggle to climb the mountain of success in life
we could get lost and never hear from each other
As we find our own different ways through the meanders and contours
Like a caterpillar I hide into my little cocoon
But as the river finds its way to the sea
You have always found me!

That is how I know that we are best of

friends



© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock