Love


I want to love you until life asks me to stop,
beautifully, gently and painfully until my heart stops,
I want to love you with every breath I take...
With every fire I exhale -
With passion intense that makes forget that  I ever drowned.

And should I sleep and never wake,
My love,
I want you to know that my soul will wait and search for yours,
Because to me - the gates of heaven are marked with the prints on your hands,
The key is in your kiss,
For I survive the monsters on earth with your gentle smile and hug,
I hope you will be mine in heaven as you are on earth.

And to say I love you - in this borrowed language,
doesn't do justice to these feelings I have,
I love you with a power that makes me create,
makes me draw pictures with words,
I hope you will be mine in our youth and old age,
I wish forever is a word blessed by the creators of the universe.

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock