A letter to a King


My king

The world is shaking...
But I am here feeling like newborn
For me,
Everything is falling into place - I get on my knees
To protect every feeling coming towards me in a prayer
That power of a spirit
I have found love
I have felt love

The world is dying
Slowly... the green is turning brown
But inside me I find a hope
some warmth that may be... there is still room for change
And all of this is because...
I have found love
I have felt love

I feel a hundred times like a child
waiting for that present she asked for
I am overwhelmed by all these things I feel for you
I am glad, to have them - I thought I had lost them all
I had become tired of leaving pieces of me on wrong paths
It hurts me to imagine all that light i thought I lost -
But now its back, I realise the love I have for you scares me
Its too much allow me to protect it in a prayer
in a hope that maybe the holy spirits can hold it
because we, men of flesh may be weak...
So i want the heavens to remind me always
to stick by you, to fight for you, to protect you, to respect you and to love you
to treat you as a home - for I strongly believe that these materials things may fade
to treat you as a king - for I know you treat me like your queen
to me you will never be unwanted even when the world crashes you down
you will never be a failure even when you see no way
you will never be less of anything as I promise to always be by your side - that cheerleader
I have found love
I have found you

Your travel companion
Queen Namatsi





© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock