Queen



There is a queen inside me:
Yearning to shine
Queen Makeda of Sheba
is deep inside me
Comfortable in her skin, size and shape
Needs no assuring…
She knows she is it


Past Make the up
her beauty is skin deep
It’s her light
the spark in her eyes
It’s her heart
the warmth it has
It’s her feet
they strength they have
That makes her stand as the world shakes


Nzingha…
queen of Matamba
It’s her might
oh she is a mountain
A flowing river that souls confide in
Jaber
it’s the confidence in her stride


Tiye the Nubian queen
Black, beautiful, gorgeous… and shaped with pride
A master in the home and a slave for love
She is a winner of hearts, this queen inside
There is a queen inside me
I need to find
Because I want to be her



There is a queen inside me

Of charm and worth
Cleopatra, Beauty doesn’t come close
Perfectly designed from a golden rib
She takes no less, no compromise
She knows her place and rules it right
It’s her uniqueness that makes them bow


Amina Queen of Zaria
She is proud to be different
Beyond doubt she is reason
The whisper of love
The slap of treason
The great orgasm…
this superwoman


When she falls
she flips the world
Upside down, so it doesn’t suppress
Blocks it out… so it doesn’t distress
Nefertiti the queen
It’s her tongue
her poetry, her words of encouragement


She keeps going
keeps moving
She can defy gravity to touch the sky
keeps going and keeps showing
Such a spirit you cannot break her down



She keeps moving
keeps going
There is a queen inside me
I need to find her
To make her rise
Because I need to be her


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock