Imperfect Me



Sometimes, as an artist it is scary to let people see beneath my beautiful:- for the world may discover that I am not any where close to perfect! It could be shocked at the things that make me, me. I feel like the ones who know me and those who have fallen in love with my art before they do, judge me differently. Sometimes I am scared that my fans might think that I am totally pretentious! That while I amaze others, I disgust others.

Well most times it is difficult to live in two worlds; one as this role model (hero) who can sing like a bird, write to so well or dance like angel; while the other a human carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. I am on a journey to find myself; I am blessed to have people float and swim in my words, it is a blessing to have people want to be like me, want to write like me and want to live like me! It is scary. Sometimes the more people look up to me the more I get lost and forget how to get back to being myself. I am only human!


I should learn that nothing is wrong with being imperfect.

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

  1. "My lips are meant to inspire: it is thw fire I spit" Namatsi. The ones that get u as pretentious, are just fire extinguishers....unable to feel your heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there,.a situation when everyone looks up to you. And the last thing you want to do is let them down. I believe that its you who has full control of you,well for me whenevr i feel low,like i realy realy dont deserve certain treatment i tell myself that we are all her for one common purpose,TO INSPIRE,TO RAISE A FALLEN SOUL BACK UP. Imperfections are part of us all,we just dont have to let then pull us down but instead,bring us to a whole new level,a better you,a better me,. Truth is, we all have pple we look up to,ryt?
    I love your words,they're rich,sincerely, :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock