Heart like mine!


I believe in a perfect world
In blue skies and green fields
I believe in love, unconditional and true
The kind of love that exists in fairy tales
Love hard to find days like this where angels drown in the wind they fly in
Because the air is pregnant with tricks and betrayals and hurt
These new molecules burn the lungs and rip the heart!

I live in a perfect world
I believe in truth, however bitter
Like a cure it sets my soul free
So these lies, in this maze! I fail to figure out
Still planted in a devils workshop
I am too trusting! Too open! Too good
Of all the times I have been burnt you would think I would learn
Yet I remain to be the hurt fool!

I live in a perfect world
Where friends are friends and enemies remain enemies
There is no disgusting hypocrisy!
Humanity sometimes deserves a second, third, fourth and tenth chance
That sometimes I ask myself, whose mercy are we really at?
Far we have fallen from what is good
Few give me hope
I believe in hearts like Mandelas, in forgiveness
In Nicole Telsa inventions and his selflessness
I believe in Wangari Maathai’s, in her fight for earth
And when I am down and worn out
I believe in Jesus, in the great sacrifice

Still, I live in a perfect world
I help people and expect nothing back
So, I let her into my life
Let her take so much of me
And was still surprised when she ran away with my heart
And now I am going crazy, because the mistake was mine
A disease I am dying from every day
Pain from the vault left in my chest
When the wind blows, I die each time
I think of how trusting I have been!

How I wish that this was a love poem
How I wish that this poem would cause some change
I remain
I live in a perfect world
I believe there is always light even in the deepest tunnels
Life is about how many souls you touch!
I hope you find magic on your finger tips
To change a life!



Jacqueline Nyetipei Kiplimo, a Kenyan elite runner passes water to a dehydrated disabled Chinese runner who was suffering. This slowed her time, she came in 2nd in the race, not only costing her the win but also the $10,000 cash prize. She stopped running and bottle-fed him with water! Within ten minutes,Emily Samoei overtook her!


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

  1. This is one poignant piece. I love how you write.
    Visit my blog to read some of my poems. Thanks!

    www.kenyanfashionpoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock