Riding Tide

Riding tide
Cover me, and scare them away
I can't breathe when the air is too fresh...
I can't cry in the sound of laughter
Or be calm... because nothing is happening...

Heaven, explain things I cannot see
Why everyone prays to you... you must be confused
Riding tide... am afraid of you not...
Hit me with the strongest wave!
I swear... no matter how strong... I will shed no tear

Riding tide!
Kill me! Not softly! fast so that I feel no pain
Because if it pain.... I have felt it in lies
In a knife plunged in my back by my own...
I think I know how Jesus felt
I think I know why he wept!

Riding tide!
The time has come! Cover me! Leave nothing of mine behind
Kill me!


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock