UPSIDE DOWN!!!

When life billows, when am tempest tossed
I want you to be the one to catch my tears
right at the chin where they join just before they drop; with might
Is that alright?
When I am discouraged when I think that all is lost
I want to come to where you are, so I may just see you
Not that you know what to do... but seeing you confused thinking of how to help
Gives me the strength I seek
Will you be my king?

For I am done with the young girls foolishness
I surrender all those things that chained me to that box
Going against the odds, am about to walk on water
Taking what life is giving me with no regrets
As I spin this wheel of changing fortunes of time
Who would predict years to come that men would idolize themselves
No longer Apollo but in with Jay - hova,
Who would know that they would not drink wine but blood and not preach water but shame
Let the wind whisper mocks them
I know that He is jealous... but this feeling He made
There is no harm
Can I be your die hard Queen?

When I am burdened with a load of care
Be my Atlas
Spartan lets show them that 300 men rose against 30,000 Persians
Or take me to the times God wrote on tablets and Moses split the ocean into two
Stop me when I sound blasphemous
Its never that serious is it?
What am I trying to say in this poem?
Boy do you believe in miracles?
Can I be it?
She who you met in a club... dancing to some dirty song
Can I be she?
She you put next to your mum?

Of all the things I have seen and places I have been
Of all the doubts I could have, I feel that this is a sure thing
The only thing that causes me to shake... is when Mr. Deejay you do your thing
And all I sing is Yvonne chakachaka... Thank you, thank you for playing my song
So yes you know you got my attention
Can I get fall into your arms so maybe you can spin my skin like you do the decks
I promise am a hardisk with only nice songs
As we rock and calculate our Beats Per Minute
when I falter, guide me and be my hero
Will you be my King?

So amid the conflict, whether great or small
When I call can I be guaranteed an answer
When enemies come to devour
Is it possible to hold a grenade...
Pull the pin then throw it at them
Is it possible to hold on to me through thick and thin
Because sometimes I can be a bitch I have been told
A drama queen, I drink, and sometimes smoke
If you want me to stop; all you have to do is be with me
And stay with me
And I could dance for you... right down to the floor am great at that
cook for you... say it i will even google it
or better write a poem or two with you and for you
Can I be your die hard Queen?

Will you be my King? so I can count you as one my blessings
Can I be your Queen? you successfully turned my world upside down
Or better will you MARRY ME?


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock