To the whore who wants my man: Get this one right

In all honesty this is the worst part of being an artist of words, a writer, you just have to put your life, hurt and secrets on paper!!! It is the greatest weakness. Anyway here is the poem




I don’t usually do this
But your confrontation and the selection of your words when you followed me pushed me
So disgusting, don’t you have class
I don’t usually do this
But when you looked at me from top to bottom comparing yourself with me
Asking; what I HAVE THAT YOU DONT HAVE!

I do this
I write poetry to heal and question
I write poetry to inspire and teach
I write poetry to challenge my writing
To escape from the collapsing walls of this planet
I write poetry and stories as beautiful as she... Hera more beautiful than Aphrodite
My words as her beauty are renewed each spring... Sometimes you just have to study to get them
Woman I GOT BRAINS that you don't come close to

I do not usually do this
But your rudeness sparked the flame
I do not usually do this
But when you mocked me in public and made fun of my tears
Pushing me to edge.. cursing and wishing that you hit my confidence at every curve
I wonder how you got the nerve
To ask what I HAVE THAT YOU DONT HAVE!

I do this
I go through fashion blogs and latest magazines
I make clothes, I make jewelery; MADAM am one of a kind
I love the mirror the image I see is perfect
And there is a way I carry myself
I got a gentle touch it’s not weakness
My strength is not wasted in blows but in the spaces of love
A real lady in the streets but a freak in the privacy of two
I work hard... from morning to morning
I fight stigma for mentally disabled children
I am writing a book, stitching a dress, designing an earring
I am creating a programme, running a group, starting a family
I am organizing events and carrying out meetings with dignitaries
So unlike you... woman I AM A QUEEN!

I don’t usually do this
But when you asked me if there is a problem with you sleeping with MY MAN!!!
I sympathized
I do not usually do this
But when you clearly put it across that you wanted him too shared or not
When you lowered your dignity as you asked what I HAVE THAT YOU DONT HAVE!

I do this
I know how special and hot I am
I am made for a King nothing less... I do not do princes or knights!
This here is too good to guess... I am certain
Too good to fight... but I conquer
I AM A WONDER A FORCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE!

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock