My daddy and I

This man called my father,
Dad
How I wish that he could understand that I love him so much
That his brilliance in explaining the stupid questions I asked as a child
And the games we played; his care, his advice
Have modeled me to be the queen I am
And what a queen you have made dad!

This man called my father
Papa
How I wish he could understand that he is my hero
He who let me follow my own path and even when he was in doubts
Especially about my grades
He can only laugh with pride when he sees me shine on TV!
And what a star you have made dad!

This man called my father
Dad
How I wish he knew that I believe that he is perfect with his imperfections
I still look up to him and would run to his arms when the storm is cruel
He whose features have made me the beauty I am today
And what a beauty you brought to this world dad!

Daddy what are you?
If you are not treasure
And what a wonderful treasure, God has given me without measure!

Dr. George Lukoye Makokha you are loved by your daughter

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock