Melt the snow



I met this man who questioned the way I looked
Brought me shame at my game, lamely brought my picture down its frame
And everything I did was a strike on his hedge
Shamelessly he pushed me to the edge
His words sliced deep into the flesh
Like he used the samurai’s sword
My confidence he raped… press back rewind I let him play me like a tape
And I let him hurt me

I met this woman who made me feel less
Red head she called me and placed me in her small kit, misfit she said
Keen he was to my lace underneath
Invaded my space, always stuck on my case
Her words louder than bombs left me devastated
Chemicals filling my lungs and my mind with murderous and suicidal thoughts
My confidence she raped… press back rewind I let her play me like a tape
And I let her hurt me

I met this person
Who looked back and smiled…
She looked as radiant as the morning star
Her eyes had dried up from crying
She was like a fresh breeze, like a beautiful song with beautiful words
And had such charm and personality
She said, I wonder why it took you so long to look at me…
Because, you are beautiful and because I love you
She leaned forward to hug me… but the mirror stopped us
And I let her be me




© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock