Heart Ripper!!

My husband is marrying a second wife!
It is tearing my heart apart! Am I not enough?
He said he loves how her waist moves to the drum beats of chakachaka
Pretty mama of high seas
He said she is very pricey
Her laughter sweet and spicy
So I trashed all of me and tried to do it like she did
My husband is getting another woman
He said there was something about her perfume so sweet
The sway of her hips from side to side so nicely
Her smile with the nice teeth
Her voice sweet like ice cream
Soft, silky, light brown skin
There I was trashing all of me, skin lighting… hip enhancement…
Breast implants… because I wanted him to see me
Losing all of me, in trying to make him see me
Me, living in a skeleton where none of it was me


My husband is getting another lady
Was I given his rib for procreating and not to earn his soul
To warm his water, cook his food, and not touch his soul
Suffocating because I love him more than I love me!
When he loves her more than he loves me
It is tearing my heart apart

My husband is getting another companion
Another darling, another soul mate
He don’t love me the way that I love him
However do I tell him that my love is all he needs
Wondering, am I not enough?



© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock