Needless Pain

No pain no gain
But this train I am riding is way too long for a refrain
The rain I see from my window pane
Is too plain, filling me with needless pain
I don’t want to seem lame
But change seems to be an animal so tough to tame
In a world dying slowly
Time running quickly
Ties of lies
And the bonds of sins
Kweli mboni ichafukapo jicho huwa mashakani
I wonder is mine a dream or is my brain twisted in this mayhem

Sleepless nights and burnt out candle lights
Sights are now filled with fights and backbites
Horizons which gave birth to great sites are now no longer bright
Flight! Still I wonder if I do, will anything turn out alright.
They say the world is a beautiful place
Hush me because all I do is weep
I think nature is deep the world is too shallow and we need to be deep
So please… Give me some space... give me something that makes sense
And in the face of my aridity, rain me some peace
Because all these pretenses and broken dreams that give me a chase
Need to be placed at the altar tonight

And surely, from the safety of the angel eyes
I know that I am gently felt! So I breathe with ease
As my sudden misfortune is looked at from a different angle! A stumble
And beyond a wholesome principle in some fantasy
Maybe in this noisy confusion of what we call life
I can find peace with my soul

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock