Dearest Friend

Dear sister you are like one of my ankles
Without which I am a cripple
You will cross the wildest ocean to save me from the sharks
You will sit by my side in a hospital bed
You will cry when the world casts me out
I know that you feel me in a way that word cannot describe
You are my forever friend

I know that we are so different,
But I couldn’t think of a better person to call when I am in need
Couldn’t think of a better person to tell me how my boobs look different now and then...
or to ask me, 'why are you smiling! are you in love?'
Laugh till we cry... or cry till we laugh
Couldn’t think of a better person to count my wrinkles
Start arguing about who looks older than who...
Blood it thicker than water… but this bond we share
Is like oil! Reduces friction, makes things glow and work better… and you know
Oil is thicker than blood
I hope the good Lord
allows us to be friends forever

© Namatsi Lukoy
e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock