But let us eat!




The great samurai held his might sword
Tongue,
Within a minute he sliced my confidence with it
His words
And I was lost in a forest, couldn’t find a chord to hold me up
So I let him score! Again and again
I would hide in corners dark, hoping that his light would not burn my eyes
I couldn’t imagine my shadow meeting his…
You would think that he was a god! His actions shook me down to the marrow!
With just an action, the streets would be red! Chaotic
But my siblings loved him!

The great warrior held his mighty spear
Greed,
From the way he walked, it was clear that he ruled the sphere
Children looked up to him, for a future he did not envision
For him, pain was not pain until it was severe
And I am not talking about bullet holes or acid burns pains!
Much worse! Grief! Like losing the person you love over and over again
He loved the smell of tears; they designed his cologne
He swam in blood and sweat
And wore the skin of other men in the biting cold

The vulture perched on the weak branches
Yet his pride failed to notice that his weight was too much for the tree to bear
Neither did she complain
She held him, tighter
‘Chenyu ni chenyu’ she said
His claws sank deep… letting her sap gash out like the free Zambezi River
She did not complain, she said she had no choice…
His greedy committee joined him….
The power of his speech convinced lions that they were slaves
The sound of his step chased pythons into caves
He fed her promises on fake golden platters
She knew they would kill her but didn’t hesitate to take a bite
‘Change’ she said….. ‘Is an animal too tough to tame’
Blinded by hate and fear
Fear that robs us of our freedom
Freedom in this downside up world is a dream!
I refuse to be your slave: - she whispered but only in her DREAMS


© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock