Tailored Poets... Celebrating Kenyan Poets

(Photo By Lubale Lukoye)


They say it’s never the poet, it is the poem
Then I am the poem
I am the poem of tailored poets
Burning with words and passion
I carry metrical compositions of feelings and illusions
I can blaze up the mind like El Poet does
Stimulate senses make you call me Abu... give me a bow
I can pull a crowd with my eyes and voice
Call me checkmate! Now question that! Oh no Question this
I used to be a Poet, Now I’m a Poem’ I am… Samo, Call me almighty

I am the poem
I seduce the spirit and I touch the soul… and make you a prisoner in my words,
I create a maze and I amaze I am carol
It’s my charm I am Raya
A mark of perfection stitched and pressed by Orator
Je, unahisi hisia ama nirudie mara ya pili?
I am a theater of words call me Oduor Oduku
I am that poem that makes you question
Is a picture really a thousand words?
Because I am deep like that… they call me Kuni Mbichi
I am hard and raw nasiringi wala sifichi
Maneno yangu ni moto ni kama pili pili
Pia ni matamu humtoa nyoka pangoni…
With words I am the blade of the knife!
I am a Samorai…I am the roar of the lion got me titled Mufasa
So every time you think about how deep my words can get
Call me teardrops, even still waters can run deep

I am that poem of tailored poets
Picture this… the Picasso of words
I am Ngartia and Wanjiku combined
I am the fire that burns and an explosion of life
With words I am the earth you stand on
The water that runs…. Mama called me Namatsi
Another Observative rising...
planning to bring something new and something true and something that has never been seeen or heard before...
watch me I am Dorphan
I am the truth in Jicho the Depth in Amare… The loud silence in Rix
The street voice in Kaesa and the life in Poppa
I am that poem that moves…
Picture this… the Da vinci with words
I am passion put to test call me the Monster Luki
I am the skill in Oroni,
The Potential in Kimani,
The art in Bahati
The hip hop in Flow flani
And in music I am a part like Nuke and Kamili
I am this poem of tailored poets
Am I speaking now?

© Namatsi Lukoye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disrupt - Who am I

Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield

Tick Tock Tick Tock